While phones used to only do the simple task of calling, new technologies and the speed from cellular has made 5G a viable option for retailers.
5G gives the possibility of a life without internet issues at work, with many phone providers offering business plans so your team can stay online no matter where they are.
This week we look at the top trends that we will see throughout 2022 and how they will affect your team.
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS
- 5G in brick-and-mortar: How convenience has become the name of the game.
- Top trends of 2022: The top 8 trends that will continue to gain momentum.
- Future predictions: Why the death of the third-party cookie Is good for brands and consumers.
FOOT TRAFFIC TRENDS
Industry insights so you can convert your foot traffic into more sales.
Wireless 5G revolutionizing retail
Although a wireless network doesn’t seem to have much to do with the world of retail, it has the potential to perfect the custom journey and boost your sales.
5G is expected to be a powerful catalyst to disrupt retail operations, from optimizing warehouses and supply chain management to transforming the in-store customer experience through personalization and product engagement.
Due to the speed of 5G, the adoption rate has already proved to be higher than expected. A recent Verizon Look Forwardstudy found that more than 1/5 adults say they expect to use more self-checkout and contactless payment in a year than they already use.
5G also gives the possibility of a life without internet issues at work, with many phone providers offering business plans so your team can stay online no matter where they are.
2022 trends on the rise
Each week there seems to be a new trend that sweeps the industry. Despite all the changes, certain trends stand out amongst the others.
Here are the top trends in the retail industry this year:
- Selling online is non-negotiable.
- Omnichannel tools create more meaningful shopping experiences.
- Automated technology helps retailers manage the labor shortage.
- Same-day delivery gives retailers a clear advantage.
- Social commerce is one of the biggest digital trends in the retail industry.
- Interactive retail experiences bridge the gap between the online and offline parts of a store.
- The borders between retail and other industries continue to blur.
- Community investments from retailers may be here to stay.